During the lockdown
We have been working tirelessly behind closed doors to ensure that our retreats are safe and ready for your arrival.
We have created a comprehensive guide for all our team to follow when preparing the cottages for your arrival and this initiative includes:
- Steam cleaning of all soft furnishings to include carpets, curtains, beds, headboards has been carried out at all our retreats
- Hand sanitiser has been placed in each property
- Our cleaners will be supplied with full PPE
- After each departure, all mattresses and pillows will be sanitised and all protectors changed along with laundry and towels after each change
- All soft furnishings will be sprayed with a sanitiser
- Guests will be asked to strip all beds and place their linen and towels in clear plastic bags provided
- Cleaners will adhere to our COVID19 guidelines
- AN antibacterial spray will be left in the cottages for guests’ use, along with other basic material
If you would like a full copy of this guidance, please see our cleaner guidelines document (pdf).
the latest updates from:
In order to comply with social distancing rules
- The doors to our office will remain closed to customers.
- The keys for your chosen accommodation will be available at the property in a secure key safe and laminated parking permits will be left inside the cottage.
- We will be contacting all guests to advise of these new arrangements in the coming days.
We really appreciate the huge support we continue to receive from our owners, customers, and suppliers. As a small, family business it means the world to us and we can’t wait to see you here in the Lakes again soon.
In the meantime, keep safe and well,
Michelle and Adam
update 9th September 2020
Following the Government announcement of 9th September stating that only groups of 6 or less can gather together, we have spoken directly to all our guests who are due to holiday with us in the next 7 weeks.
- If there are more than 6 people in your party, you are welcome to change your dates up to 12 months ahead but please contact us, we will be happy to discuss your individual booking.
- We continue to offer all direct bookings who are affected by a complete UK Government lockdown the option to move their dates or have a full refund. This also includes your chosen property being placed in a local area lockdown at the time of arrival.
If you have any questions or queries, please do get in touch with us as we are always happy to chat about your own individual options.
Michelle, Adam and LR Team.
UPDATE 23rd March 2020
We understand the growing concern among our valued customers, our owners and our local community regarding the impact that Coronavirus is having on our lives and our thoughts are with all those who are affected in some way, including the NHS and other front line services who are working tirelessly on our behalf.
Over the weekend, we made what we feel is the most responsible decision in helping combat the spread of Coronavirus in our beautiful part of the Lakes and to close our Ambleside office with immediate effect and postpone all arrivals up to Monday 18th May 2020.
We will be contacting all our customers, starting with those who were due to arrive imminently.
In light of this, and in order for our small team to cope with the high volume of calls we are receiving, we would be most grateful if you would:
Email us with your date of departure and 4 digit booking reference and we will either call or email you back as soon as we are able to discuss your booking.
We are offering customers the ability to move their holiday dates up to 12 months ahead and to waiver any amendment fees for those customers who were due to stay in one of our properties between now and 18th May and where the booking was made prior to 16th March 2020.
We are continuing to follow daily guidance from the Government and Department for Health and Social care and implement any further changes that may be necessary and advise our customers accordingly.
Thank you for your continued support,
Michelle and Adam
19th March 2020 update
We are continuing to follow guidance from the Government and Department for Health and Social care and at present, the Government hasn’t imposed any travel restrictions within the UK but of course, if the situation changes, we will follow any new guidelines and advise our customers accordingly.
We are currently working very hard to support and reassure you as best we can.
- We are waiving any amendment fees for those customers who are due to stay in one of our properties between now and 30th April where the booking was made prior to 16th March 2020 and need to change the date of their holiday.
- These dates will be reviewed regularly.
- At least 48 hours needs to be given prior to your arrival date
Michelle and Adam